Advanced Surface Movement Guidance and Control System
The overall project is to install an Advanced Surface Movement Guidance and Control System (A-SMGCS) at Manchester Airport to achieve Level 2 standards and compliance with EU 716/2014.
The scope of the ASMGCS project is driven to improve airfield safety and operations, these include the following;
- Improved surface movement surveillance
- Increased controller, pilots and ground vehicle drivers’ situational awareness by providing surveillance display showing the position & identification of all aircraft and vehicles at airport
- Provision of conflict detection & alerting on runways and apron
- Efficient Routing system (manually or automatically) designated for each aircraft or vehicle
- Guidance for pilots and drivers to follow an assigned route